The Bedford School believes that sports are important in building self-discipline, fostering teamwork, improving fitness, and developing character. Participating in some type of team or other extra-curricular activity not only helps students to feel a part of the school, but also gives them opportunities to develop friendships and learn new skills.
Bedford is a member of the Private Athletic Conference (P.A.C.) with several other small, private schools on the south side of Atlanta. The P.A.C.’s main focus is to foster friendly competition and good sportsmanship. The conference’s philosophy includes:
• Treat every player and every opponent with respect and dignity.
• Set a positive example for the team and your school.
• Be a good loser and a gracious winner.
• Treat a game as a “game.”
Sports at The Bedford School include:
- Middle School Girls Volleyball
- Middle School Co-Ed Soccer
- 4th-8th Grade Intramural Co-Ed Soccer
- Middle School Boys A-team and B-team Basketball
- Middle School Girls Basketball
- 4th-8th Grade Intramural Co-Ed Basketball
- Middle School Boys and Girls Track & Field